Friday, March 18, 2011

A Review

I wanted to review our adoption for those of you just coming to our sight.  My name is Sara Padgett and my husband and I have four children.... for those of you who know me are going WHAT????  I am saying we have two children living with us and two children that we are in the process of adoption from Uganda. 

I went with the team from the River Church to Uganda last May and fell in LOVE with the people of Africa and Uganda in particular.  Joe (my husband) and I have been talking about adoption for a long time, but when I saw the need in Uganda my heart leaped with joy that I could do something to help.  We prayed and asked God to show us if we were called to adopt from there or from somewhere else.  Through a series of events we had confirmed that we were supposed to adopt from this country. 

We were then praying for financial need so that we could start the process soon...... and of course the God that we serve did supply the money so that we could start the process.  We have recently started the Home Study process and are now looking to raise the money for the attorney, traveling and in country costs.

We do not yet know the names or faces of these precious children....... what we do know is that we are bringing home two and that there ages are going to be between 0 and 4 years old. We will start the selection process as soon as the Home Study is complete and as soon as we have the attorney fees.  We have currently raised about $5,500.00 and need to raise approximately $15,000.00 more.

I saw all of the posts on A Place Called Simplicity blog and got super excited that there are that many people working on adoptions right now.  We would also love your prayers for the whole process and in particular that you would pray for our children that they would be protected until the time that we can bring them home.


And God will meet all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus
Philippians 4:19

3 comments:

  1. I just want to say that I think this is awesome and beautiful. Good luck with the process, and these new kiddos are so lucky :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So thankful to be able to share this journey with you....praying them home!! Much love from our home {down the road} to yours!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you everyone, I look forward to how God is going to provide. I know it sounds funny but I like it when I am put in a position where I have no choice but to wait for his provision, it builds my faith to watch him work, I like watching my daddy work.

    ReplyDelete