Wednesday, March 16, 2011

PEACE

I have been struggling with whether or not to write this post. Although I know that it would mean you guys knowing personal details about what is going on in my heart, that is not what concerns me.  What concerns me is that the devil would know what is going on in my heart and would use it against me.  After thinking and worrying whether I should post this I came to the conclusion that our God is big enough to handle the enemy and his attacks and that I need prayer for what is going on. 

As all of you know about the adoption I wont go into details about it.  We have been talking about wanting to adopt for years now..... I would say like 5 years.  In all that time we did not have anyone who thought we should not adopt or when we should adopt.  But in the time that we have told people we are going to start the process, there have been concerns about were we are adopting from and the timing of the adoption. Since hearing these concerns we have been asking ourselves whether this is Gods timing and whether it should be the country we have in mind.  We have come to realize all of the confirmations we have received from God the provision He has given and the truth if His word is what we need to focus on.  He is a BIG God and he knows our concerns, our dear loved ones concerns and the provision that is still needed.  I can honestly tell you that I am grieved that there is tension and division between our family and these ones we love.  In telling you all this I am asking you to pray for these situations.  We trust and believe in God and His love for our children, that He wants to bring them home.

There was a worship conference recently at our church that our family attended.  Let me tell it was AMAZING!!! The spirit of the Lord was thick and tangible. During this conference I grieved for this situation, that it would start to get better.  During this time the Lord gave me a verse, and minutes later had it confirmed.

The verse He have me was from 2 Timothy 1:7

For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

God had never given me a verse for my circumstances (or ever) before and I burst into tears when it was confirmed. Thank you Jesus for hearing us and for caring enough to talk to us.  I know that God wants to mend this situation and I pray that faiths are also strengthened.  That these ones we love will see Him provide and protect our family for following His voice.

2 comments:

  1. The minute I heard that verse at the conference, I knew it was for you! God has given children, God has confirmed that you are to pursue adopting from a specific time and from a specific place. Who are we, as humans, to argue with what God says? I will be praying, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let no man close the doors that God has opened in your life. I am so excited for you guys and I will be praying - not having family support can be hard.

    ReplyDelete