Thursday, June 16, 2011

GOD is on the MOVE!!

Many of you have asked what is going on with our adoption and I realized I haven't put a update on my blog for a while..... SO.... here we go.....

FIRST:

We had a garage sale..... that went very well and raised some more money for the adoption. Thank you to everyone who donated items to our garage sale!!! And.... to those of you who came and shopped!!

SECOND:

We have heard from a home about coming to volunteer in their home.  Please pray that we will know whether or not that is what God wants us to do.  It would mean that we go there to check out the home and the kids in that home for possible referral.

I know that it seems like it is a given to jump on the first response from any home but we want to make sure that the child God has for us is coming from this home.

Also going to Uganda to volunteer first means that we would go to Uganda two times. First to check out the home and meet the director. And then again after we get a court date we would have to fly back.  We are more than willing to do that if that is what God wants us to do.  We just want to pray and make sure because it is going to cost more money to do that.  But.... believe me when I tell you that it is worth it to us if our treasure is in this home. God is our provider and we believe and trust that he will provide for our family now and for the rest of our lives. (that is a whole other soap box)

THIRD:

Please pray for our family, we are getting verbal attacks about our adoption.  We know we are doing the work of the Kingdom and what God has for our family but it is still hard to hear from people that you love.

Sorry that I have not been blogging more and keeping you guys informed.  I have a lot on my heart and hope to post more often.

The truth is that most of you who read this I talk to on a weekly basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment